It was perhaps only a matter of time, but the popular book and TV series Game of Thrones is getting its own Facebook social game. Boston-based developers Disruptor Beam have announced, in partnership with HBO Licensing and George R.R. Martin, the open beta for Game of Thrones Ascent.
Uniting story and strategy, players will lead the life of a noble in the times depicted in the series, swear allegiance to one of the great houses and upgrade their holdings, all the while competing against other players. The developers promise deep and immersive political game play that A Song of Ice and Fire is renowned for.
Key game features and actions that players can take part in include:
· Rule your own noble house! Upgrade your holdings over time. Build your keep, your lands and your forces.
· Become the most powerful noble in Westeros! Choose your path to success through battle, intrigue or trade. Watch your Power rank increase as you take actions in-game.
· Become a bannerman to one of the Great Houses! Choose your loyalties among Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy or Targaryen.
· Customize your character. Select your lineage and alignment. Create your own family banner.
· Build and acquire resources. Send your Sworn Swords on quests and adventures, involving your house in familiar events across Westeros while gaining wealth and Power.
· Work with (and sometimes against) your friends. Take part in interactive player-vs-player action, overcoming major challenges and adversaries.
You can check out Game of Thrones Ascent for yourself, here.