Time to do a wrap of Call of Duty: Black Ops news and instead of making an individual post I’ll combine the recent stuff into one! Without further adieu.
We’ve already confirmed that the leaked image from the Game website means we’re getting a second Map Pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Treyarch have offered up a very small description of each of the maps that’ll be a part of the second map pack, named Escalation.
- Hotel – set on the roof of a Cuban luxury hotel and casino against the vivid backdrop of old Havana.
- Convoy – delivers intense, close-quarters combat at the scene of an ambushed US military convoy.
- Zoo – takes you on a wild ride in an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo, with danger at every turn.
- Stockpile – pits players in a remote Russian farm town housing secret WMD facilities.
- Call of the Dead – features a unique Zombies experience with all-new playable characters.
In addition to the release of the DLC on May 3rd, Call of Duty: Black Ops players will be treated to another Double Xp Weekend, starting on the first Friday after Escalation is released. (6th of May if you’re playing at home).
In other recent news, PC gamers can rejoice as Call of Duty: Black Ops Blog reports that Treyarch are aiming for a May release of the long awaited mod tools for Black Ops. Treyarch made the following statement before the game’s release.
“There are some purely technical issues related to engine and internal tool enhancements that do not easily fit the mod tools paradigm. We have looked at it close enough to see that it is non-trivial and we will have to pick it up again post-launch.”
@pcdev tweets “We are shooting for mod tools release in may”
**UPDATED** Trailer added